CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 24, 2010

Wasting Time Again

Last night, as I watched the poorly officiated PENGUINS @ Caps game, I started filling out Post-It note sized slips of paper with numbers from 15-203. I folded each slip into a triangle and tossed it into a large Ziploc container. These numbers correspond to the prompts in Room to Write by Bonni Goldberg, that I have yet to complete. My reasoning for doing this? I figure I can spend less time browsing through the book looking for a prompt to complete if I randomly draw one from the container.

But honestly, I am more inclined to believe it was an unproductive move to appear productive.

I felt guilty for it last night so I sat down to write. Chapter ten went in a different direction than I had originally planned but I think I'm about 700 words from completing it. I'm hoping to finish Chapter 10 tonight. I'm going to relish in the quiet of the house, turn the television off, disconnect from the web, and get some writing done.