CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 27, 2010

I Can't Even Think

My cousin is living with us, along with her daughter who is nine months old. I love both of them. Heather and I have always been really close, but I can't think with Destiny here. Crying babies don't really bother me like they do some people. You won't see me get a headache or start to feel the tension and anxiety from hearing her cry, but I just can't think.

Destiny cries ALL THE TIME. She cries when you hold her. She cries when you put her down. She cries when you feed her. She cries when she takes her bottle. She cries when you change her diaper. She cries when you let her crawl. She cries when you let her sit in her play pen. She cries when she is given a bath. She cries in her sleep.

I know she is teething and it hurts and it makes her not feel well, but it's been years since I had a baby-baby in the house. My son never cried like this. He rarely ever cried at all, so I don't know if he was just the exception to the rule or if she is, but seriously, I feel like I'm losing my mind. Used to, the house was quiet during school hours and I could think, talk out loud, read, and not hear anything except passing traffic.

2 comments:

Unknown

Aww, that sounds stressful. I know it's not the same thing, but I can't write while my dog is outside barking. Although I think that's more of, "I can't write because the NEIGHBORS will COMPLAIN so I need to get her inside," rather than the sheer noise of it.

Still, can't work when you're distracted like that!

Going off on a tangent, I hope my kids don't cry too much as infants--my fiance and I are waiting until I'm/we're finished with graduate school to get married (or when I get a super-awesome book deal ;) ) and have kids, but we want a big family. A big, jolly, QUIET family.

Heehee. I'll probably get adorable little screamers.

Have you looked into headphones? My dad has his pilot's license, and he's got a fantastic pilot headset. I'm sure they're more than ANYONE would want to spend on a headset, but maybe you'd get lots of use out of them! There are also noise-blocker headphones. Again, pricey, but you could use them for years and years, I bet, especially if you listen to music while you write. (This is something I CAN'T do, but really wish I could.)

Hope things calm down a bit! Happy New Year!

Ava Z.

Shayda, I have not thought about headphones but that is something I will keep in mind. Heather and Destiny have been gone for about a week now, spending some holiday time with friends and other family. The house has been so quiet it almost doesn't feel like home.

And adorable little screamers is hilarious! It sounds like the title of a book.

Post a Comment