CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mother's birthday. It is 6:34am right now, and I have yet to go to bed. Joe just left, not for work, but to help out a friend before work. Baby Destiny is spending the night with her Nana and Heather has been asleep for the past six hours or so. I'm starting to feel tired so I'm thinking after this post is published, I'm going straight to bed.

I saw my mom today (yesterday really but since I have yet to go to sleep it still feels like "today"). Christian is spending the night with her. So when I wake up in a few hours, I'll take a quick shower and head out there to give her birthday presents. Actually, I'm not sure which present to give her. I bought her a new George Foreman grill because her ancient one is starting to stick and cook unevenly. I also picked her up a Vera Wang scarf, that she asked for and just for kicks, kitchen measuring cups because the measurements on hers has washed off. Wouldn't she love me if I only gave her measuring cups tomorrow? Happy Birthday, Mom ... here is your $3 birthday gift. No, no, don't thank me. The look of appreciation on your face is all the thanks I need. (Note the sarcasm throughout this paragraph)

Is it wrong of me to think George Foreman Grill and maybe she'll be so happy she'll make breakfast for lunch? Bacon, eggs, fried potatoes, and toast .... yum!!

Anyway, tomorrow/today, I will get a quick shower, go see my mother and pick up Christian, then make it home in time to catch the Panthers @ PENGUINS game tonight at 7pm. Yay! Malkin has scored a goal in the last three games, five total. He's on the hunt for the HT and I hope he gets it tonight. Also, Crosby has at least a point in the last 21 games. I hate playing the Panthers though. The Panthers are a terrible team for the most part, but it seems like they always give the Pens a bit of a run for their money.

I can go on and on about hockey and the Penguins so I will spare you all my hockey obsession.

2 comments:

Misha Gerrick

That is so interesting!

It's my mom's birthday too.

Anyway, just dropped by to follow.

:-)

Ava Z.

Happy birthday to your mom, Misha! LOL

Post a Comment