CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Busy Saturday

Today, Christian and I woke up late, but my excuse is that I didn't get to bed until 4am anyways, so technically, I got just the right amount of sleep. Anyway, I had planned on procrastinating the Christmas shopping that needs to be done, with a plethora of excuses that includes such classics as "I only have a few more people to buy for", and "I'll wait for a less rainy/snowy/cold day of the week". Since this is the Midwest, a less snowy/rainy/cold day of the week in December isn't likely.

So, we bundled up on this upper 30/lower 40 degree day and valiantly decided to get the shopping done. I had three people to buy for; my mother, my stepfather, and my brother. Getting to the mall wasn't a bad trip. It took a little longer than usual, but we made it without trouble. Went to Kohl's, looking for mother type gifts and stood in line for a little over 15 minutes for one purchase. Got back out to the car, fought for a new parking space at another store, and clawed our way inside.

This store was quite a bit more crowded and busy, with far less polite people, but we got all our shopping done. We came home, I fixed breakfast for lunch and then we wrapped presents. Christian had several gifts of his own to wrap from the Secret Santa Shop at school. We watched The Santa Clause on ABC Family as I waited for my game to come on (Go Penguins!). Um, why does Santa deliver presents to all these children and their parents never notice? We then decided to try out some homemade chocolate chip cookies, you know, because we want to get it right for Santa on Christmas Eve.

Anyway, at 7pm I watched the Penguins take on the Sabres. Good game. Lots of emotion, lots of goals, lots of scraps-that-could-have-been-good-fights-if-only. The Pens win 5-2 in Buffalo and extend their winning streak to 12 games in a row, as well as Crosby's point getting streak to something like 19 games in a row. Would be awesome if we could get another eight wins in a row to beat the 1993 Penguins record of 19 wins in a row.

Oh, but if I go off on a Penguins/hockey tangent we might be here all night, so I'll just move right along.

Christian and I watched the mini-marathon of Ghost Adventures, one of his favorite shows. We tried to scare Joe when he came home, hiding in the dark, but of course he had to be all manly and try to scare us instead.

All in all, it was a wonderful day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment