CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

Our Christmas started out like this ...

We went to the basement to open presents from Santa Claus and our three-people-family.



^ That one's from me and Joe to Christian. He wants to be the next greatest magician.



^ That one is from Santa ... A MP3 player so that when I'm feeling burnt out on U2, Christian can continue to listen to them all on his own.



^ Some kind of Star Wars Trouble. I don't know how my son picked up a love of Star Wars. I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies.



^ Life is Christian's favorite board game. Never mind the smidge of taped wrapping paper on his chin.



^ And an acoustic guitar ... perhaps his favorite Santa Claus gift. He also enjoyed several other board games, some DS accessories and a video game or two.

Then the whole family got ready for Christmas upstairs where we would exchange gifts with my parents, my brother and my step-grandma. My parents came over by 10:30am.



^ There's Destiny with her mama, my Favorite Cousin, Heather!



^ My brother, Scott, with his gift from Christian.



^ Joe getting work shirts!



^ My stepdad, Chuck, getting pajama pants!



^ Me getting a new set of pots and pans ... also my lunatic brother decided to crash my picture!



^ My mom and stepdad after she received a new skillet!



^ Christmas dinner; turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, mac and cheese, baked beans, stuffing, deviled eggs, dinner rolls, pumpkin pie and apple pie!

After dinner, we ended the day with intermittent rounds of sledding down the hill in the back yard.







^ That is my Favorite Cousin pushing me and her daughter down the hill on the sled type mechanism.



^ And here we are at the bottom of the hill!

Merry Christmas from me and my family! I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year!

3 comments:

Unknown

Heehee, I love Star Wars, too. Your son's got good taste!

Glad your Christmas went well! Happy New Year! (Wow. I'm sort of not ready. Off to residency in less than two weeks--super-excited, super-terrified!)

B.E. Sanderson

Looks like you all had an awesome day. Merry Christmas and an awesome New Year to you, too. =o)

Ava Z.

Thank you ladies! It was a wonderful Christmas. The best one I can remember in recent history.

Post a Comment