CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Writing

Perhaps I need to buckle down, disconnect from the web, and seriously set my mind to work. I cannot sit down at this computer with my PK document open. I feel bad when I look at it and I swear I've never had writer's block this bad before. I actually never have writer's block. There are always plots, schemes and character voices running around in my thoughts. My usual problem is putting too much time into my stories and neglecting my real life world. I don't know what this funk is or how to get out of it but maybe I need to spend a day working on prompts.

When I go to bed, I lay in bed thinking of these brilliant scenes or dialogue exchanges but the thought of getting out of bed to write them is intimidating. And in the morning when I wake up, all that motivation is gone. It's like my mind shuts down when I open the document.

Today, the only writing I've done is the notes I took for Chapter Nine. I wonder if I need to put Tallulah and Gennadi away for a while, and focus on something else. Maybe it isn't the writing itself. Maybe it's the story.

3 comments:

SJ's Mommy

i love your blog! It seems bed is the best place to think of ideas and such. Thats where mine always happen, which is probably the cause for my lack of sleep. My hubby bought me a journal to keep near the bed for such ideas that im too lazy to get up and write about. Keep up the great posts!

Molly Looby

I agree that I always have the best ideas when I'm falling asleep, irritating as it may be, I'm always grateful in the morning that I wrote a little note, and if it doesn't make sense anymore or I think 'actually this is rubbish' I just ignore it

Ava Z.

I always have a journal close at hand. Right now it's more the thought of writing that paralyzes my brain before I even grab a pen. I'm working through it though. Have been going through Bonni Goldberg's book, Room to Write, and it definitely helps. Thanks for the encouragement, Ladies. It's so nice to know someone is reading!

Post a Comment