CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 29, 2010

Half Priced Books

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a devoted, card carrying, Borders book store lover. I love the atmosphere, I love the people who are so helpful, I love the Seattle's Best Coffee (large hazelnut latte). I love the incredible coupons I get ...

... but I love Half Priced Books like no other. I love that I can go in there with $20 and come out with an armful of books. I don't always find what I'm looking for, but I always find something.

And a few months ago, when my writing was at its peak, I found a book I couldn't walk away from because I am obsessed with "how to" and "tips and tricks" books for writers. Anyways, shortly after I bought the book it was lost in the car among beach towels and snack wrappers and empty water bottles. Only today did I finally reach into the back seat and bring it inside the house. And I'm excited to dig into it and see what it has to say!

It's called The Confident Writer by Carol Kanar, and I will let you know how it goes. It seems to have tips and tricks for stronger writing and construction as well as prompts and exercises to get the writing juices flowing and some vocabulary building too. I don't want to promise any exercises from the book will show up on the blog in the near future because I want to work my way through Room to Write by Bonnie Goldberg first.

But yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment