CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 12, 2010

Fabulous Friday

Well, I was looking forward all day to going out for dinner and drinks with my three best friends from my middle school/high school days. It had been probably twelve years since we'd seen each other and have been trying to reconnect, about once a month for a girl's night out.

So I've been running around the house all day with curlers in my hair, waiting until the last possible second to do my makeup and thrown my clothes and I send out a text message asking if everyone is still gonna make it on time and then Britteny sends me a text message back that it's next Friday. (LOL)

So I'm all dressed up, makeup-ed, and have no place to go. I don't have any margarita mix left in the house either and the Pens play Tampa Bay tonight. I should have asked Joe to bring some home. Last year the Pens lose every time I drink ... this year, well they've won both times I've had a drink.

And while we're on the subject of hockey, let me just say that I've been reading certain fan based blogs and I'm so disappointed with the fans that post comments there. Everyone wants to come down on the team for starting off poorly. Everyone wants to trade Fleury, trade Michalek, trade Comerie, fire Bylsma ... oh and did I mention trade Fleury?

Now of course I can't speak for the entire population of Penguins fans. I joined the blog site in question because there was a wealth of people who knew their hockey and I loved reading their comments about trades, prospects, what the team needed to improve, where the team was absolutely lethal. But it seems the site has been taken over by the popularly phrased "bridge jumpers". Whatever happened to supporting a team through the good and the bad? Whatever happened to rallying behind the team and being that "sixth man" on the ice? The CEC sounds so quiet on television and it makes me wonder if people are there watching hockey or if Mario and company still have everyone wetting themselves with the new sights the CEC has to offer.

All I do know, is that win or lose, I am a Penguins fan. Whether we make it to the playoffs or rank dead last in the league, I will watch as many games as I can, and root my guys on, even if we've blown a 2-4 lead in the third and lose 7-4.

0 comments:

Post a Comment