CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 17, 2011

New Look

Back in February, I got my first pair of glasses. That was a long time ago, and I'm just now mentioning it because I wasn't very excited at the idea of wearing glasses for an eternity. Don't get me wrong, I like glasses on other people. I think they can be cute and stylish, but on me, I was prepared to look like a grandmother for the rest of my life.

When I first got my glasses, I was amazed at how well I could see. I mean, I expected them to work and improve my vision but I seriously had no idea just how bad my eyes had gotten until I could see with glasses. Street signs that used to be blurry until I was right in front of them? No longer. Squinting and really concentrating on reading the guide on the tv? No longer. Having to magnify my computer screen so I could read without straining my eyes? No longer!

When I first got my glasses, I would sit and play a little game called, 'Amaze Yourself with How Blind You Used to be'. If I was a passenger in a car, I'd try to read a street sign at a stop light without my glasses, then flip them down and be thoroughly amazed at the difference. Yeah, geeky stuff like that.

Well, it's been months and I can finally wear my glasses without getting massive headaches. It took a long while and it's taken even longer to get used to getting my picture taken with glasses on, but I think I've come around and am ready to share my updated look.





Wearing glasses also led me to see how crooked my nose is so in every picture it seems like my glasses are lopsided. I swear, my nose has never been broken. I'm going to label my crooked nose as a distinguishing characteristic and embrace the asymmetry of my facial features. For a girl who is a little obsessive compulsive about even numbers, straight lines, and symmetry in general, it's definitely a bit of a challenge. But if you can't love yourself, who can you love, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment