CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Black Swan

I wanted to watch the movie ever since the previews when it first came out, but my husband and son had absolutely no desire to see it. So I kept waiting for a couple hours to myself where I could settle in and order it off of pay-per-view. Last night, my husband went out with friends to watch the Mayweather/Ortiz fight and our son was spending the night with his grandparents. So, I ordered the movie and snuggled up on the couch and tuned in.

I expected to like the movie. The reviews were favorable, right? I didn't like it. I'm not sure why, but I just didn't like it, which was even more disappointing because I had expected to like it so much. I guess I wanted more insight into why she lost her mind, what exactly was it she was suffering from, why was her mother so strange, why was she a 20-something woman living in a 12 year old's room?

2 comments:

Anonymous

I think sometimes when a movie is hyped to excess, it ends up being disappointing. That's one reason why I haven't seen Inception yet; I have a feeling I'll be very let down by it!

Ava Z.

Myo, I wasn't impressed with Inception either. I saw it because my brother wanted to see it, even though I'm not a fan of DiCaprio's and generally stay away from his movies. It wasn't a bad movie, I just didn't think it was as great as the critics claimed.

You're right that when a movie is hyped to excess, it tends to be rather disappointing. 8(

Post a Comment