CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 16, 2011

45 Master Characters (Mythic Models for Creating Original Characters)

45 Master Characters (Mythic Models for Creating Original Characters) is a book by Victoria Lynn Schmidt. I've been slowly reading it and making notes for a long time now. Basically, it divides characters into hero and villain categories and tells you what composes the character and gives you examples from movies and literature throughout the ages. It also has a great section on supporting characters and plotting tips for both male and female journeys.



I highly recommend this book for writers. I found it very informative and while I don't sit down with a copy of it every time I develop a new character, I thought the information inside was very helpful. I'll be posting some of the notes I've taken from the book to share with you soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment