CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Crazy Cat Lady

Okay, I hate it when people overpopulate their home with animals. I mean, when the health of you and your animals starts to come into question, then you have too many.

But, I hate to see strays, especially when it's cold and rainy. It seems to be a growing problem in our area, that people move, don't want to take their cats, and so they just leave them behind. That of course just perpetuates the problem because cats breed like crazy. Well, anyways, what I generally do is put out a little cat food and let them get used to me going into the house, coming out of the house. When they've reached the point where they don't go running when the door opens, I try to get them comfortable with letting me pet them. I keep feeding them, because, well, I'm too soft hearted to see a hungry little cat and not stick a dish of food out there.

Anyways, once they get comfortable enough to let me pet them, I put them in animal carriers and take them to Animal Control. I hate the thought of them being put to sleep, but if there is a chance they can be adopted, at least it is better than doing nothing to help control the problem.

But there is one cat that comes to our porch that I'm loving a little more each day. She was very skittish around people. Any little noise would send her running from the porch. I thought she had a home, because she is wearing a flea collar, but she's been around her for a few weeks and no one has claimed her. She is so lovable though! Now that she is comfortable with us coming in and out of the house, and the noise of the doors, she is much less frightened. I have even put a basket out on the porch with a blanket in it so she has a semi-warm place to sleep. She loves it.

We have been calling her Evelyn, and I have a feeling that if I don't find a home for her soon, I will be adopting her as my own, even though I have been opposed to having more than one cat in the house. I just love this little cat and I don't want to take her to the shelter and risk her being put to sleep. If I can find a good home for her, I will gladly give her away. If not, I have a feeling our family will increase by one before the first snow.

Say hello to Evelyn ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment