CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Penalty Killer ... Chapter Eleven

Okay, so I have not been into my writing since before NaNoWriMo and the rapid pace of NaNoWriMo made my stomach twist into tense knots. I completed it, but not with any real faith in what I've written. Anyway, I've been hiding behind the excuse of NaNo and the holidays and other family drama to excuse why I wasn't writing.

What did I do today? I told myself, something had to be done and that something was Chapter Eleven of Penalty Killer. Since Joe was off of work and had plans that would keep him away from the house, I decided it was a good time for me to get away too. So he took Christian with him and I went to Borders; to my favorite table, ordered my favorite drink, listened to my favorite THINKING playlist, and pushed through the chapter.

It turned out different than I thought it would. I went in yet another direction, but I think it was important, and it wasn't until I sat down to really look at my notes that I realized it was Doc and King Kozlov's anniversary. So of course the chapter had to solidify not only that they are still strong as a couple, but that they need to embrace and celebrate six happy and blessed years together.

I then brainstormed ideas and directions for chapter twelve. I think I've decided a way to go and thought I'd come home and get some writing done after dinner. Instead, I spent the entire evening (from 6:30pm to 10:00pm) playing various card and board games with my family. It was so nice. No television, no computer, no cell phones, no thinking about anything except laughing and having a good time.

Tomorrow is Christian's first day back to school since winter break. I have some plans but hope to get some writing in, even if it is only 250 words.

Right now I need to get offline and watch this movie with my husband before we go to bed.

CHAPTER ELEVEN SPECIFICS

1st Line: That all important milestone was just around the bend; twelve weeks pregnant and lingering in the last few days of the first trimester.

Last Line: I could have laughed at the irony of making love at the end of the ice, where I was certain the goal would usually have been, but the only thought in my brain was the hunger I had for my husband, even after six long years and all the recent hell.

3 comments:

Donea Lee

I haven't written much since my self-imposed read-a-thon in December - but, it's so nice to get back to it, isn't it? Good luck with chapter 12!

B.E. Sanderson

I haven't written since I decided to take a holiday break, and boy, was that ever a bad idea. Now I can't seem to get my gumption going. Today I'm going to have to kick myself into gear.

Molly Looby

I'm so glad I'm not the only one struggling! I need to get back into it.

Post a Comment