CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Injury!

I was wrestling around with Christian and we slipped on the kitchen floor. I put my arms around him to keep him from hitting the floor so hard but that didn't stop my knee from smashing into the metal vent. He's fine and of course he thought it was hilarious. I did too, but it was a painful hilarious; the kind of hilarious where if you don't laugh you'll cry and you don't want anyone to see you cry.

That was a week or two ago and has been swollen and sore-to-the-touch ever since, but only this morning did I notice that the slight-maybe-it-is-maybe-it-isn't bruise is a full blown, black and blue and green bruise. It looks worse than it feels, but it is so tender and painful to even graze.

It is snowy here today. We woke up to three inches of snow. Christian was hoping for a snow day but no such luck. Maybe he'll get to come home early though, because I think we're supposed to get another 2 inches. I like the snow. I don't even mind the cold. (I just don't like the wind)

I don't want to do anything but put some Icy Hot on my knee, curl up with a blanket on the couch, and fall asleep with the television on. Perhaps I'll get some writing done today. Perhaps not. Either way, I don't really mind. At least for today.

1 comments:

B.E. Sanderson

Ouch. Sorry to hear about your knee. And about your snow. Been there, done that. This arctic stuff really stinks and it's headed your way, so bundle up. (Or better yet, stay inside and drink cocoa.)

Post a Comment