CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Let Me Introduce Myself ...

Currently, I've decided my pen name is Ella Emery. If that changes in the future this blog will be the first to know about it.

Anyways, I've decided to start this blog to follow my journey in the writing process; from writing prompts to writing query letters. And if I'm fortunate enough to make it to the finish line, then I'll also write about submission and publication processes.

I need to also state that (unless otherwise stated in future posts) all my prompts will come from a book entitled Room to Write by Bonnie Goldberg. I am not usually a fan of books that "teach you" to write. It's not something that can be taught. You cannot teach someone to have the soul of a writer. You can teach them to put a proper sentence together, but you cannot teach them the soul. Anyways, what I'm getting at is that the reason I find this book so dear to me is because it opened my eyes, not to what was wrong with my writing, but why I was writing.

There are lots of prompts and I will try to post my completed prompt once a day, but I'm not making any promises. Perhaps I should though. Perhaps swearing to invisible internet beings will give me the will power I lack elsewhere.

************************
About me: I am a housewife to Joe and mother to Christian. I've been writing for as long as I can remember. It's my escape from the day to day of cooking, laundry, and regular household chores. I think I get most of my inspiration to be a writer, from the stories I read by VC Andrews when I was a child. I thought her characters were so interesting, so likable, so easy to want to know and their stories were outrageous. I wanted to write like that.

When I'm not writing you can usually find me following the Pittsburgh Penguins. I love hockey for the sport and the occasional fight. Now I won't lie ... I also like seeing some hot tough guys out there on the ice. But I love hockey first and foremost.

If there is no hockey and the writing juices just aren't flowing then you'll catch me cooking or doing laundry or occasionally pretending I have the determination to crochet an entire blanket. There is not much to me besides being a mom and wannabe writer.

As a writer, my style is somewhere between VC Andrews and Jennifer Weiner. Yeah, I'm one of those chicks who writes romance, but I don't feel like it's romance. It's just mainstream with a romantic obstacle between the inciting event and the conclusion. I'm not a Nora Roberts wannabe is what my point is, I guess.

I hope you enjoy my journey because I know I'm looking forward to it.

1 comments:

Samantha Torres

Great intro, You get a good feeling for who you are and it makes me want to know more. I now need to follow suit and get my blog into tip top shape!

Post a Comment