CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 8, 2010

Living Behind Glass Shadows

Okay Blogosphere, I've managed to work my way to chapter eight of Living Behind Glass Shadows. I'm not too confident about the strength of the plot so I think I'm going to step away for a while and focus on editing the story I intend to submit.

For now, at Chapter Eight, 79 pages, December has finally confronted the past. She's finally talked about the death of her father and how it really affected her. She has begun to see her mother's point of view, and how it's finally time for her to move on and find some happiness with someone else. December is also fighting this strange new emotion she's discovered in her own relationship. She's always loved Josh in large part because his work very often takes him away from home for short periods of time. This suited her independent nature. She liked that his busy schedule kept him from complaining about her busy schedule. But that kiss from Wes has her head in a spin. Now she wants Josh home, is slightly resentful when he isn't. And this new emotion she can't quite name really has her head spinning. What's worse is she's afraid she's just said something that might have given Josh the idea that their relationship needs a change.

So, with that update out there and in the world, I will be using most of my time to edit No One's Puck Bunny instead of working on my writing. I will keep you updated as I go along, but it probably won't be of much interest. The fun stuff will be submission. When I get the inevitable mound of rejection letters all unknown authors get, I might need the blogosphere world to talk me out of scarfing down a half a chocolate cake and seven strawberry margaritas.

1 comments:

Samantha Torres

Just remember that even rejections can be learning experiences and that even the best and most successful writers were rejected at some time. And if you ever need a pal to chow on the choco cake and margaritas I'm there for ya girl.

Post a Comment