CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

50k in 31 Days

Okay, so I'm a little obsessed with NaNoWriMo. As I've mentioned in other posts, it's the one time of the year where I seem to get things done. Having a goal and a deadline do wonders for my word count so a friend of mine came up with the idea to do NaNoWriMo throughout the year.

That's right ... a year of NaNoWriMo.

Through a quick Google search of NaNoWriMo spreadsheets, she found this awesome website that has done all the super hard spreadsheet stuff for you! A great big thanks to Svenja for the phenomenal effort. These new spreadsheets include a calendar for the entire year so you can pretty much so tailor your writing goals yourself and still feel like you have goal/deadline to meet.

So that's what I'm doing right now. I'm learning the ins and outs of the new spreadsheets and inputting my word count for today ... 3649

That's right, there are 25 minutes left in this east coast first day of the year and I have 3649 words already. The power of a deadline!

2 comments:

Samantha Torres

A year of NaNoWriMo? People will say we are crazy and well, face it, we are...but at the end of the day....er....end of the year, we will have accomplished an amazing feat!

Thanks for the spreadsheet link, I will be needing something to keep me on track. Since I am still adding in all the new plot lines into my old story I won't make work count today but that isn't deterring me at all. For being sick I have accomplished a ton today!

Ava Z.

You have done a lot!

600,000 words in a year. Can you imagine? That could be six entirely completed first drafts. I'm very excited! I think I'm going to do another "stay up throughout the night and write when the house is super quiet" days. I have a few loads of laundry to keep me company once the house is settled.

Post a Comment